I csn't see my PMD when using Pacemaker Editor

Griffin

I csn't see my PMD when using Pacemaker Editor

Post by Griffin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:28 am

Hi all - can anyone help? I bought this Pacemaker off Ebay and it had loads of tracks on is that I was using and playing and all seemed fine.

I then, foolishly manually removed all the music to my PC hard-drive (via Windows Explorer) and then realised that I should have possibly done this via the Pacemaker Editor. I then downloaded the Editor and installed and had a quick look on You Tube as to how to import tracks. it was only when I watched the video that I realised I could not see my pacemaker in the device section at the bottom of the Editor. I can however see the pacemaker hard-drive via Windows Explorer.

So I looked at the forum (and found a relevant post) and decided to reformat the Pacemaker hard-drive, updated the firmware, checked and cleaned the hard-drive and also rebooted. The Pacemaker appears to function correctly allbeit without any tracks on the device for me to play, but still when I plug in to the PC and open the Edtitr, it still does not appear for me to drag and drop tracks onto it - which is frustrating (as I can see the Pacemaker hard-drive via Windows Explorer).

Can anyone help? I'd really like to fix the problem and get on mixing.

Thanks, Griffin

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: I csn't see my PMD when using Pacemaker Editor

Post by Sox » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:01 pm

You have turned the Pacemaker on after connecting it to the PC haven't you? From memory (not used mine in ages) I think it has to be on.

What OS are you using?
If you are running Windows, does PMExplorer see the device and it's (empty) library?
About PMExplorer

Download
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Griffin

Post by Griffin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure it's on, the screen says 'Do not disconnect! Before pulling the plug eject from the computer'.

Should it be different to this?

As to the PC, it's Windows 7 and when I open up Windows Explorer I can see the PMD - and the relevant folders; dump, music, tmp, a music database file, a settings DAT file and a system xml file.

Do I need to update anything on the device or indeed the editor?

Thanks again

Griffin

Post by Griffin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi again

I have downloaded a newer version of the Editor and all seems to be in order.

Thanks again

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:59 pm

Great!

enrico

Post by enrico » Fri May 27, 2016 11:26 am

Hi guys i have problem with my Pacemaker Editor because i make the update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now the PM editor doesn't see the PM in DEVICE window! I have just try to uninstall and reinstall the PM Editor but nothing change.
My PM Editor version is the last and the PM firmware is not the last one but i don't think that depends from PM firmware because windows recognize the PM. I try now to open all the program like PMUpdater and PMExplorer but anyone can detect the PM device.
I have search in the driver option and i have seen that there is an update between the drive that detect the PM in old version of Windows.
In the old version of Windows Xp the drive is Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device version 5.1.2535.0 and in Windows 10 is updated to Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device version 10.0.10586.0. Probably all the PM program need an update to the new Microsoft Drive for detect the device.
Why can i resolve my problem? thanks a lot.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:27 pm

From what I'm reading on here, it seems there is an imcompatibility issue with the Pacemaker and Windows 10. I'm sorry but I have no suggestions, and I don't even have Windows 10 to try myself.

Best bet is to get a PC with an older OS just for use with your Pacemaker.