"Database error"

Got a problem with your Pacemaker?
Don't worry, post here and we might be able to help out!
Chris-T

"Database error"

Post by Chris-T » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi

After upgrading to 180096069 my devie does not start anymore: "Database error - please upgrade firmware". I can not even turn the device off, it's completely blocked. What I've tried so far:

- downgrade to any other firmware by putting the file into the .pacemaker folder fails with the same error
- factory reset does not work as the device is completely blocked
- tried to download the pacemaker reset tool but can't install it on my Win7 PC (lots of error messages...)

What can I do? Any help is very much appreciated! I baught my PMD today and it worked for just one hour... :shock:

Cheers
Chris

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: "Database error"

Post by Sox » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi Chris,
I'm sorry to hear of your problems after so short a period with it. I believe there are many happy Pacemaker owners who have never had problems (such as myself), but we mostly only seem to get new members that want to post for help with a problem. The content of this forum therefore leans towards making the Pacemaker look problematic imo.

From your description it sounds like your problem arose due to the firmware update. May it did, maybe it didn't. As you have only used your PMD for an hour, perhaps an intemittent problem just hadn't occurred yet. Or maybe it only occurs on boot up, and in that 1 hour you only ever turned it on once. If you'd had it a week before the upgrade, I'd be more inclined to believe it was the upgrade.

You state that you can't turn it off, and it's completely blocked. What do you mean by "blocked"? Do you mean it's locked up? If you hold the power button for about 10secs, it should turn off. However since this button is s/w monitored, if the s/w has locked up then maybe even this would not switch it off. Might have to let the battery run down to get it to turn off.

What do you mean by factory reset not working as it is blocked? I suspect that as you cannot turn the device on, you cannot apply the button combination needed at power on to enter the factory menu. If you can get into this then a reformatted your disk (or whatever the PMD terminology is), really should get rid of any DB corruptions as I believe it puts down a new blank DB.

I have never tried the reset tool, so can't advise on that. My advice is:
- Try holding power button for 10 secs to see if you can force it to turn off.
- If not, then run the battery down. Playing tracks will probably run it down quicker than just leaving it on. If you do this method, ensure you have charged it to 20% at least before attempting any more firmware update or factory resets.
- Assuming you can actually get it to turn off, then try the key combination during power on to get to the factory menu again, and do a reset.

From the sounds of it you can access the PMD as an external drive through your PC? If the above advice get's you nowhere I could send you an empty DB to manually put down on your PMD, and advice on additional files you might want to delete (the beat analysis files).

Let us know how you get on.

Sox
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Chris-T

Re: "Database error"

Post by Chris-T » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:00 am

Hey Sox!

Many thanks for your help, I finally was able to turn it off (I just didn't press the button long enough). After resetting and reinstalling the firmware everything works fine now!

Have a good time
Chris