Mixes from Alkoselters

Mixes, Pictures and Videos. Share and show off your djing skills with our community in this area!
alkoselters

Mixes from Alkoselters

Post by alkoselters » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 pm

The latest one is here on mixcloud.com
http://www.mixcloud.com/alkoselters/fun ... track-mix/

Some more can be found at: http://www.mixcloud.com/alkoselters/
All done on the PMD, short 8-Track Mixes done as an exercise in building 30-ish minute chunks of mixing fun and mayhem, opening with a bang, mellow it out, build it up again.

MojoArcade is our monthly clubnite on Oslo, Norway, where we hook up old arcade games to video projectors and let people play the good old games like Pac-Man, Space Invaders and what have you not, while we play with our pacemakers and basically mix everything we can get our paws on while getting drunk, great fun :)

fazz
Admin Fazz
Admin Fazz

Re: Mixes from Alkoselters

Post by fazz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:20 am

Yo Alkoselters, (I can't decide if here is the best place to ask, or maybe to start another thread) but where can i find more info about 8-track file format and recording in 8 track? For example, I use Traktor with a Pioneer DDJ-T1 midi controller. Could I record in 8 track on Traktor? As far as I know it is only stereo WAV recording ability.

soulpixel

Post by soulpixel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:47 am

Is there a specific reason for the "8 tracks" format ?

fazz
Admin Fazz
Admin Fazz

Post by fazz » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm

soulpixel wrote:Is there a specific reason for the "8 tracks" format ?
As far as I know, its a far sharper tool than controlling the hi's mid's and lows. It separates the track into 8 frequencies rather than 3. Again, I'm highly uneducated on the subject, we'll have to wait for Alkoselters.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 pm

nice funky mix! 8-)
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them