How Can I Format My Pacemaker's Hard Drive?

Please look here to see if your question has been asked before
Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

How Can I Format My Pacemaker's Hard Drive?

Post by Sox » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:24 pm

If you are having problems, such as the "Sorry friend" error, or you have upgraded your Pacemaker to fit a solid state drive (SSD), then you might want to consider reformatting your hard drive to start over again.

- Power off
- Press and hold the Rewind, FastForward and Channel 2 buttons
- Power on
- Wait for it to boot then release the power button
- There is an option to format the hard drive from the subsequent menu

I have never performed this myself, but I am guessing that after formatting, then this option will also put down a new empty Music.DB database file on the hard drive
Last edited by Sox on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

scottsouth

Re: How Can I Format My Pacemaker's Hard Drive?

Post by scottsouth » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:37 pm

hi all after realising the original pacemaker company went into administration or what ever and all forums not being checked I gave up on my pacemaker device for a while , now it seems theres hope although im still having issues and wondered if you guys can steer me in the right direction .

ive upgraded my PMD to the latest firmware (180096069) using the download tool provided on ur page ,
checked my hard drive in which the message was " no problem , lets mix"
reformatted the hard drive
downladed the latest version of the pacemaker editor

and the following problem still occurs , when I try to drag music from the editor to the PMD it show its syncing at the bottom but when I eject the pacemaker to check for loaded music on the device there is no such music on the pacemaker.
to clarify the problem is when I come to transfer tracks from the editor to the device

ive tried what seems like everything and would be grateful if u guys can sort this .....
maybe its a hard drive issue , I read somewhere I may need to reinstall or rename the hard drive???

all help would be appreciated
thanks for ur time in advance
scott

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:48 pm

So you are copying tracks to the PMD, but they are not there? Never heard of that one before.

Since you say this problem "still occurs" I assume you had the problem before you upgraded, and that this is why you reformatted you hard drive even though the device said there was "no problem"?

I guess you can't find your new tracks to play. What happens if you plug the PMD back into the PC with editor running. Does the editor show that the tracks are in device's library? If they are, but you can't find them to play, have you ensured you don't have a song filter set?

Given you have only just formatted you drive, you won't lose much doing it again. Starting from an empty device (think you get 4 tracks as part of the fresh install), what happens when you add just one track? How many tracks does the editor show in the library. How many tracks can you find on the device if you explore it? Note: You may have to turn on showing of hidden files before you can see what's on you device's drive. The tracks should in in numbered folders under .Pacemaker/Music

Bergq

Post by Bergq » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:54 am

I Sox and others out there. I got this "Database error - please upgrade firmware" and after I did this, and upgradeed the firmware again it worked. Just one small but important thing. Like I say I did like you said, but after "Wait for it to boot then release the buttons" I just got the same error again and no options available. But i figure it out! Instead for "release the buttons" I just released the power button and kept the other three still down. Voila! That did the trick for me.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:08 am

Nice one. Thanks for the update, first post updated

gaetano dademo

Post by gaetano dademo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:20 pm

HI there
i have 120gb for some time now and tried upgrading firm ware now all i get is database error ! please help

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:13 pm

It shouldn't be necessarry in orde to upgrade, but if all else is lost have you tried reformatting the drive through the dev menu so you database gets wiped and you start again?