can i restore my original frimware if beta has bugs

Find information about & download links for the Pacemaker Updater here, and ask your own questions
jack2040

can i restore my original frimware if beta has bugs

Post by jack2040 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Hello There i was just wondering if i update the new beta frimware to try and if there is some bugs in the new frimware can i go back to original frimware.

ALSO there is a thought in my mind t o put a high capacity SSD hard drive it should save lot battery .
is there any place so i can get schematic pin out of the internal 120gb hard drive .servicemanual or schematic of pacemaker for my private use .I am a ELECTRONIC ENGINNER so i thought of it . :D :roll:

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: can i restore my original frimware if beta has bugs

Post by Sox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:05 pm

As long as the device isnt completely "bricked" then you can reset your device but you will losr you music db and tracks. We have not known units to be bricked by this beta but you do run that risk!

SSD install has been done before and uses standard connectors so you shouldn't nred a schematic. For the moment I would have to refer you to the old forum (link in the history page)
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

jack2040

Post by jack2040 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:43 pm

ok THANKS FOR YOUR HELP after searching i found out
samsung 1.8 inch HS122JB/OMD (PATA/ZIF)
but if schematic or servicemanual or inside info it would be great to help
TONIUM PACEMAKER LOVERS to get the unit back working again hardware level if they bricked it .

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:11 pm

jack2040 wrote:after searching i found out samsung 1.8 inch HS122JB/OMD (PATA/ZIF)
Where did you find this info? was it on our old forums, and if so please can you supply a link?
I had a look for it myself to help you out, but the old forum's search function doesn't work

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:12 pm

jack2040 wrote:Hello There i was just wondering if i update the new beta frimware to try and if there is some bugs in the new frimware can i go back to original frimware.
Actually you can manually install any firmware version without having to reset the device to factory defaults (which loses your library and tracks). However if there was a database upgrade between the two versions you are switching, the database may not be left in a valid state after having put a later firmware down. As the Pacemaker team couldn't provide any info on database upgrades, we made PMUpdater purposely not allow downgrades.

However I successfully manually downgrade from an earlier beta release back to 14142 with no problems

soulpixel

Post by soulpixel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:06 pm

When downgrading I changed the version of the firmware in the XML file to a lower figure than the firmware version I wanted to install. I switched to the last official firmware because I wanted to check that my hardware was ok, then I used the firmware installer to install the latest firmware again, no issues at all.