PMExplorer v1.01

Find information about & download links for the Pacemaker Explorer here, and ask your own questions
Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

PMExplorer v1.01

Post by Sox » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:37 am

I fixed a few bugs and added 1 new feature....

v1.0.1.0 24/02/2014
- About
- Stopped it showing as splash screen on startup as colour seems to be lost
- Fixed size issue causing copyright and close button to be unseen
- Check & Fix
- End of check will report a count of problems (if any) in a message dialog at end of checks
- Fixed the "Fix This Problem" browser dialog not showing any files
- Fixed inability to fix tracks with a single quote char in the filename
- After a file is fixed, track status now changes from "missing" to "present"
- Selecting "Check For Problem" now auto selects the "Show Only Problems" option
- Summary of no. of tracks with problems now displayed below grid
- Browser
- Added "Location" column to tracks grid
- Filters
- Fixed the "Added" filter which was showing the raw numeric date value from the DB
instead of human readable dates
- Relocate
- Added this new feature to help modify you (editor) database entries for where tracks
are located on your computer, useful for when you move you library from one drive or
folder to another
Attachments
PMExplorer v1.01 Setup.zip
PMExplorer 1.01
(8.86 MiB) Downloaded 1003 times
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Steviebee33

Re: PMExplorer v1.01

Post by Steviebee33 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Thanks for this forum not many of us pacemaker users left ! I have just joined and have two 120gb pacemaker's one from the original launch and a back up. I posted some comments in pacemaker 2014 firmware update website and am impressed with the update but have had a couple of 201 errors since updating but have as advised reinstalled the firmware update and hoping the reinstall will cure this as I use my pacemaker for my weekly radio show on www.zeroradio.co.uk. I am going to use the PMExplorer to transfer all my music tracks from my pacemaker device to my laptop as currently I use my old XL desktop computer for managing music on my pacemaker. I trust once i have imported all my music from my pacemaker device to my laptop I will need to then need to import them to the pacemaker editor on my laptop. A time consuming project but worthwhile as then I will have a mirror library on both which is about 12,000 tracks and be able to use my more powerful Windows 7 laptop going forward to add/delete tracks to the device. Once again thanks for this forum and keeping the Pacemaker Device alive !!!

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: PMExplorer v1.01

Post by Sox » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Sort but unfortunately PMExplorer is only copying the tracks from the device to the pc and not importing. If you then add the tracjs to your editor library they will not be in sync with pmd library as they will be seen as new tracks and be assigned new Ids.

If you want to sort this once and for all and have an identical backup pmd then I would:
- Take a backup cooy of your pmd in case PMExplorer fucks up
- Retrieve all tracks from pmd using PMExplorer
- Fix any mp3 tag issues now on pc copies of tracks
- Delete editor library (or rename existing one) then start editor. I expect it to recreate a new empty db.
- import all tracks and wait a LONG time to analyse. Might be worth adding in batches
- Format pmd harddrive and reboot
- Copy all tracks to device using editor

If you were ever considering fitting an SSD, now might be a good time whike you are copying your music about anyway. Also means yout old drive is a backup of what you have now.

Once happy I would plug both PMDs into PC and copy everthing from thus PMD to the backup
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them