Request A New "How To..." Guide Here

Step-by-step instructions on how to....
Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Request A New "How To..." Guide Here

Post by Sox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:54 pm

If you have a request for a Pacemaker Device "How To..." guide, ask here and we'll see what we can do.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

alkoselters

Re: Request A New "How To..." Guide Here

Post by alkoselters » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Tried to find a "send message" function, but could'n find it, so posting here.
Found the 2 links to the Hard Drive Swap and Battery Swap-images from StevieB - wasn't sure you had them, but some people on the FB-group was asking about this:

Hard Drive Swap
http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j46 ... GP5748.jpg

Battery Swap
http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j46 ... GP5754.jpg

There are no more instructions in the thread, but this might be helpfull for someone contemplating to do the switch.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi Alko! glad to see you made it over.
alkoselters wrote:Tried to find a "send message" function, but could'n find it, so posting here.
See the "PM" icon underneath the poster's name and the thanks summaries

Thanks for the links to the images. If anyone could find the actual threads in the old forum discussing these upgrades that was very handy. I had a look for them myself but couldn't find them. The old forum's search just doesn't work, which is one of the reasons we were keen to move on from that forum.

alkoselters

Post by alkoselters » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:31 pm

NOOOOW I see the icons *duh* *slapping forehead*

As for the threads, this is the one with some info about battery:
http://pacemakerdj.46.forumer.com/show- ... 22850.html

Short summary:
StevieB talked about him ordering a 1300mAh Li-Ion battery from the States, upgrading the standard 800mAh that comes with the PMD. User JNUBI says he replaced his battery with " part number prt-00339 from sparkfun electronics" having to swap plug ends, saying it was a simple fix. We have no official confirmation that the battery from SparkFun is correct, but it is reportet that it works and is the correct size.
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/339

It comes with a 3 pin connector, while the PMD has 2 pins - and the one stevieB got was smaller and for an ipod nano, so he piggybacked one onto the other
"Anyway as you have probably guessed it didn't turn out like that!
The battery I received from the States is actually intended for an ipod Nano 1st generation and is a Li-Pol 3.7volt 1300mAh, it has 3 terminals brown=positive black=negative and a white terminal that is also a negative.
The thing is that the battery is really quite small compared to the original, small enough in fact that if you remove the foam spacer on the original battery you can place the new one on top and still close the unit.

I am guessing you can see where i'm going with this ;)
So I removed the foam spacer disconnected the original battery and spliced into the terminals with the new battery.
The new battery now sits piggy back style on top of the old battery by use of some double sided sellotape.

Now before I started this I charged the pacemaker so that the original battery was 100% fully charged.
Now after I had put everything back together I plugged the charger back in and it only registered that the unit was 75% charged which is a good thing as I wasnt sure how the extra battery would effect the charge status.

Anyway the next thing was to see if there was any exesive change in battery temperature while charging with the fast charger and im pleased to tell you that there wasnt :D

I will post some pictures shortly although there isn't really a lot to see except the piggy backed battery.

Now the real test will be to see how many hours we can now get out of the unit. The original battery is 800mAh and the new battery is 1300mAh, do the math and in theory we now have a battery that is 2100mAh!!!
I have two pacemakers so will put them both on shuffle and test them side by side to measure any extra time advantages.

I should also remind you that the new battery config. is in the unit that I earlier fitted with a 64gb SSD (Solid State Drive)
Hopefully I shall get the results back to you shortly.
"

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Thanks. I am off out on the piss any time, but I have already created a How To guide with a link to the pics. I'll add the extra info tomorrow

ubergeek

Post by ubergeek » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:27 am

Hey Sox, been a while :)

Quick request, I can't add a new topic to the Developers forum. Nor can I send you a pm! Can you please add these three topics to Pacemaker Device - Hacking the Pacemaker:
1. Pacemaker firmware structure
2. How to enable debug mode
3. Pacemaker str/beat analysis file format

Thanks mate, I've editted the threads from the previous forum, and will write them up here.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi,
it was always my intention that members could not create How To Guides in an attempt to make all information available as easy to find and in a consistent format. However all members can reply to topics already created (by an admin), either to ask questions or add further clarifications.

However everyone should always be able to add to all other forums, including the Developer Forum. I wasn't aware that you couldn't so thanks for bringing this to my attention. It should be sorted now, please let me know if it is not. I agree that your posts would be most suited the the "Hacking The Pacemaker" forum.

Somebody else has previously mentioned a problem with PMs so we will look into this.

Sox

songsofnashville

Post by songsofnashville » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 pm

A flashing X appears when I ty to play tracks and I can't get to any added cases or the library on the device.

The lbrary and the cases appear on the editor if I connect the deviced to the computer.

I previously tried to delete all files on the device before trying to add new ones.

The 5169 new files appear in the library and the three cases appear, but only on the conputer with the device plugged in to the computer.

The stand alone device does not show the new tunes or cases added- It only shows 130 old files that cannot be played due to the flasing X

?????

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Why would you think this thread is a good place to ask this? Have you seen the title of this thread and the other forums available to you?

Think I'd wipe your device and start again