Version 180096069 Bug Reports

djpip27
Admin Pip
Admin Pip

Version 180096069 Bug Reports

Post by djpip27 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:31 pm

If you encounter a problem whilst using this Beta Firmware, please post in this thread where we will make sure the Pacemaker Team are aware of any issues.

Please use the following format when posting:

Summary of Problem:
Detailed Description of Problem:
Reproducibility (does this problem always occur?):

Marwin

Re: Version 180096069 Bug Reports

Post by Marwin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi there,

I like the new "Vinyl"-feature but I've found two bad things with the update on my device (P211 - Original 120GB HDD).
(I restored the hard drive completely and then updated it to the beta 180096069, therefore it's a cleaned device.)
1. A high "hissing" noise in both of the 3,5mm jacks. (I didn't notice this high noise in 16219).
2. It feels like the menu/animations are a little bit sluggish now.

Thank you! :)

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi,
As with all problems reports if we don't have a definitive solution here the best we can do is to collate user's posts and present them to the Pacemaker development team, which we will do.

I can't say that I experience the same problem, though I have had one weird output effect in an earlier beta release, and a power down and power up resolved it. Also try looking into the various gain/volume settings.

Please let us know if you find a solution.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

djpip27
Admin Pip
Admin Pip

Post by djpip27 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Only other thing to try is to run the update again, know that sounds daft but there are 2 banks or areas inside the device used to hold the firmware on your device. You can try without formatting your device installing the update a second time and seeing if it helps. You'll keep music, but loose any settings you've made since the last update you installed.

soulpixel

Post by soulpixel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Not so much of a bug report but rather a question:

is there a place for suggestions for a possible upcoming firmware ?

I find for a example the snap loop really cool, and the default loop length also really cool.
I 'd rather have longer loop lengths available though (4 now is a max): 8, 16 ,32 would be more suitable for transitions instead of 1/64, 1/32 etc...
For the rest this firmware seems to be solid and working fine on my end.
Thanks again gentlemen!

Marwin

Post by Marwin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Sox wrote:Hi,
As with all problems reports if we don't have a definitive solution here the best we can do is to collate user's posts and present them to the Pacemaker development team, which we will do.

I can't say that I experience the same problem, though I have had one weird output effect in an earlier beta release, and a power down and power up resolved it. Also try looking into the various gain/volume settings.

Please let us know if you find a solution.
Hi again,
I have now experimented a little bit more.

First, I installed the update a second time on my device as djpip27 recommended :)
.. but the "hissing" noise I talked about before is still there. (Even when I tried the gain/volume settings in Audio -> Phones/Lineout).

I discovered a few things in the menu:
- When you turn off "Buttons blink" (which is on by default) in Power-settings, it will reduce the noise a little little bit.
- If you turn on "Nightlight" you will hear some slightly more noise.

It might be something wrong with the handling of the lights on the device. I don't know, so let's ask the experts! :)

alkoselters

Post by alkoselters » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:10 am

Not quite a bug, but a change in features:
In the old vinyl mode, you could cue and then play from cue with cue button down - and while doing this nudge slightly forward or backwards - because of the scratch-feature this is not possible

enrico

Post by enrico » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi guys, i have some problems with the beat lock/sync mode, i have upload new case with new songs and when i try to activate the beat lock don't work very well, it starts out of time... another problem is the auto cue, it doesn't start in the first beat but in the second or third.

The strange thing is that if i play the old songs that i have upload with the 16219 firmware the sync mode is ok, but with the songs that i have upload with the new firmware 18.. don't work good.

Is possible that the problem is the the PMD EDITOR when upload the songs...?? Because sometimes loses the connection with the PMD..

Thanks and please resolve the problems!

PMD 120 GB
firmware 16219 to 180096069
Windows 7 64Bit

alkoselters

Post by alkoselters » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Marwin wrote:Hi there,

I like the new "Vinyl"-feature but I've found two bad things with the update on my device (P211 - Original 120GB HDD).
(I restored the hard drive completely and then updated it to the beta 180096069, therefore it's a cleaned device.)
1. A high "hissing" noise in both of the 3,5mm jacks. (I didn't notice this high noise in 16219).
2. It feels like the menu/animations are a little bit sluggish now.

Thank you! :)
I have the 666-model and I have no hiss, and the menu/animations/user interface feels snappier and the pad more responsive, and I did not install clean, I upgraded from the leaked version of the firmware - strange

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:23 pm

enrico wrote:Hi guys, i have some problems with the beat lock/sync mode, i have upload new case with new songs and when i try to activate the beat lock don't work very well, it starts out of time... another problem is the auto cue, it doesn't start in the first beat but in the second or third.

The strange thing is that if i play the old songs that i have upload with the 16219 firmware the sync mode is ok, but with the songs that i have upload with the new firmware 18.. don't work good.

Is possible that the problem is the the PMD EDITOR when upload the songs...?? Because sometimes loses the connection with the PMD..
Hi Enrico.
The beat analysis is performed by the editor when you add tracks to it. At this point it doesn't know what firmware you have, so I douby that the firmware upgrade affects the analysis iteself. Therefore I would really expect old and new tracks to be the same. however it is entirely possible that the new firmware isn't acting on the beat information as well as the old, but how would it be distinguishing between your old and new tracks? You might try removing a trakc or two from your editor and PMD and readding them. They would effectively become "new" tracks and I wonder if they would also misbehave for also? I don't use beatlock, so I can't pass on my experience here.

Not cueing on the first beat is an old problem that obviously hasn't been resolve (though again I think this is down to the analysis). I general cue up, then wind back to the first beat, andso it starts from there if I really need the first beat.

Losing connection to PMD while copying tracks isn't good news, and the first time I've heard of this. I this only with the new firmware, or did it do it with the previous firmware too? I would expect a disconnect to either cause a track to be offered in your library which wasn't actually there, or was only a partial copy, or for trakcs to be on your Pacemaker yet not offered from your PMD library. Either way, I wouldn't expect it to affect your beat or cueing problems you described.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them