Poll - Did You Install The Beta Firmware?

Did you risk installing the beta firmware on your baby?

YES - Life on the edge, that's how I roll!
84%
NO - I played it safe
13%
MEH - Not interested (let me get back to my cassette tapes)
3%

Total votes: 32

djpip27
Admin Pip
Admin Pip

Re: Poll - Did You Install The Beta Firmware?

Post by djpip27 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:49 pm

fazz wrote:
s13n1 wrote: I would also like to see 8 and 16 beat loop support, as 4 beats can lead to some very noticeable loops.
THIS x 100000000
I'll put this down as an official suggestion on the tracker for the team - based on the fact it can be added to the app and the pacemaker probably without too much hassle. I'll also find out how other suggestions should be communicated.

gianluigi

Post by gianluigi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Hello My friend i upgrade my Pacemaker to the beta version and it's ok and stable but i have a question, when i lock the time the track skip 2/3 second, it's normal?
in the last official version when i clic play and lateral button the time bitmaching automatic.
Scratch vinil: it's possible to activate and disactivate in mix or need to go necessary in setting mode?
Thank you to sox, pip and everyone partecipate to the revival of Pacemaker.

Gianluigi form Sicily

alkoselters

Post by alkoselters » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:22 pm

djpip27 wrote:
fazz wrote:
s13n1 wrote: I would also like to see 8 and 16 beat loop support, as 4 beats can lead to some very noticeable loops.
THIS x 100000000
I'll put this down as an official suggestion on the tracker for the team - based on the fact it can be added to the app and the pacemaker probably without too much hassle. I'll also find out how other suggestions should be communicated.
PLEEEASE also put down the optional setting/switch for nudging vs. scratching, this shouldn't be too much of a task to do since it was there earlier - I'm getting headaches from the stuttering cue I have to use to be able to manually nudge funk/soul-tracks when cueing them in :)

djlard

Post by djlard » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 am

djpip27 wrote:
fazz wrote:
THIS x 100000000

Any update on 8/16/etc beat loop Pllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee

Cheers djlard

Darthmoose

Post by Darthmoose » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 am

I tried 3 times, it downloaded but failed on the install every time.

Luckily it hasn't bricked it as it is still running fine on the previous 'leaked' firmware.

Anyone else had this problem? I'd like to have a play with scratching... as good or bad as it is...

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm

If you were trying to update via PmUpdater you could try doing it manually. See the How To guides.

Or try an earlier non-leaked firmware, then upgrade from that
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Scratch84

Post by Scratch84 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Hello,

I Would like to try the new beta version but i cant download it on my Mac. Do i need any program to download the pfw file?

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:50 pm

You have to install firmwate manually if on a mac

http://pacemakerdevice.org/?p=25#comments
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Michal666

Post by Michal666 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:57 am

Hi Guys,
I was about to post in support section but everything is sorted now after downloading new firmware and newest version of editor.
Great job! keep it up!!!

GrantA

Post by GrantA » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:25 am

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum here but have been a longtime PM user.

Mad props to Sox, Pip and all involved with keeping the development of the device going. :D

I recently tried out the current beta firmware, but have mixed feelings about it. I'm pretty much in 100% agreement with alkoselters that a switch to bring back vinyl pause mode is sorely needed.
As much as I'm liking the auto loop lock and general responsiveness of the beta, I've rolled back to the last official firmware release as the vinyl pause is an integral part of the way I mix and use the device. I find the stutter cue very awkward and distracting and not being able to nudge with vinyl mode in the beta is a deal breaker for me I'm afraid. Nudging is much more useful and practical than scratching to me, but if there was a way for you guys to implement having both, or a just a switch as has been suggested, it would be most welcome and I'd update again in a flash.

Asides from that, I hope you keep up the fab work.

cheers,

Grant