battery charging from power port not working

Share information on hacking the Pacemaker
or code snippets
ericlafouine

battery charging from power port not working

Post by ericlafouine » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:30 am

Hi Admin AND all, I have reactivated my Pacemaker (purchased in 2009), as is son handy to use it.
When I have tried to charge by power port with 220v original charger, no succes. Then I went with usb port on computer it is OK.
Battery is decreasing rapidly when I usi it, unless I keep the usb connected.
Question1: May I have to replace the battery ? and to found one where ? Or the charger (maybe the connection port end) is worn :roll: .
Question2: Still running the version 14142, do you recommend to upgrade with the latest firmware.
Thank you for help. Brgds to ADMIN and all :D

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: battery charging from power port not working

Post by Sox » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Unkess you will use any of the new features I'd stay on that firmware as I think it is the most stable.
Yes it sounds like it would be worth replacing the battery. I think there is a post with info somewhere on this forum.

Have you proven your mains adapter is actually working? Measure the voltage with a multimeter. If ok it could be worth taking your pmd apart and resoldering the connections of the mains socket
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

ericlafouine

Post by ericlafouine » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:03 am

:D
Sox wrote:Unkess you will use any of the new features I'd stay on that firmware as I think it is the most stable.
Yes it sounds like it would be worth replacing the battery. I think there is a post with info somewhere on this forum.

Have you proven your mains adapter is actually working? Measure the voltage with a multimeter. If ok it could be worth taking your pmd apart and resoldering the connections of the mains socket

ericlafouine

Post by ericlafouine » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:19 am

:D Many thank's for the answer, I have difficulties to fing how to replace the battery in the forum, as they said the word battery is too common ? And where I can find a reliable and compatible battery for my device.
Brgds, Merci

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:35 am

In the "How To Guides" forum
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76

Not really sure why this thread is in the developet forum!?
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them