Function lag

Give your feedback about the website and forum,
or make your suggestions here
DJMarkyMark

Function lag

Post by DJMarkyMark » Tue May 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi guys. I've got 'lag' developed on my pacemaker which has only started recently. I have 6500 tracks - 39gb of music on a 120gb device so plenty of memory and it used to be sharp but this intermitent delay occurs on all functions - play, stop, crossfade. Has anyone else had this problem? Mark

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Function lag

Post by Sox » Thu May 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Can't say I have mate, but then I have nowhere near as much music on it. Are you on the latest firmware?

Maybe you could copy off your music DB, analysis files and music files onto your PC, reformat your device, then put it all back again. Doing it this way you would not have to re-import and reanalyse all your tracks.

Shout up if you need any pointers on how to do this.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

DJMarkyMark

Post by DJMarkyMark » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Cheers for that - sounds like a plan. I'll take you up on the pointers 'cos i don't fancy the import an analyse root!!

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Sorry mate, I got distracted....

Thinking about it further I don't think you shouldn't need to copy stuff off your Pacemaker, and manually delete stuff. I assume that you still have all the original music on your PC, in the locations it was originally imported into the editor from, and that the editor has no problems with it's own music library?

If the above assumptions are correct then you could just reformat your Pacemaker's harddrive using the built in utility (see here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8), and then you have a fresh new empty Pacemaker ready to put music onto it. All the music in your PC editor has already been imported and analysed, and it just needs copying from the editor to your Pacemaker device (will still take time, but not as long as re-anaylsing it all). Personally rather than copy the whole lot in one go, I'd probably do it in batches, perhaps by genre.

Did you know that in the editor if you click the genre entry on any track, it then filters to shows only tracks in that genre. Once done press Ctrl-A to select all, then drag to your device. Once done click the genre to remove the filter, rinse and repeat and the next genre.

Let us know how you got on

DJMarkyMark

Firmware restore

Post by DJMarkyMark » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi Guys. I'm trying to restore firmware version 14142 in the hope that my beloved PMD will become more stable (getting the dreaded error code 0201). I've downloaded a file named dfw_14142.pfw - now what?? Cheers Mark

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:06 pm