Database Error

Post by Jingles1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi

I have followed the instructions to update the firmware

But I now get

DATABASE ERROR
please upgrade firmware

Any ideas how to fix this ?

I was thinking of formatting the Pacemaker Unit and starting a fresh but not sure if this is a good idea

I am on Windows 7 PC

Thanks

Martin

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Database Error

Post by Sox » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:43 am

Never had this myself. Was this to the very latest firmware release this month, or an earlier one?

Assuming your PC database is ok and all your tracks can still be found (on PC), then you can safely reformat your PMD and start again with a blank database, and get it in sync with your PC's editor library.

You can use my PMExplorer tool to check if you have any files missing on your PC and to aid you in correcting these entries if you have moved the file locations.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Jingles1

Post by Jingles1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Thanks Sox

One last Question

When I re install would you recomend

Version 16219 (Unreleased Unofficial Firmware)

Or

Version 14142 (Latest Official Release)

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:35 pm

I've been happily using the last official release right up until last week. I never installed 16219.

Are you aware that there have been 2 later released of firmware after 6219, the latest being released only this month?
See here. both are considered to be "beta" releases rather than official releases, but they have already been through alpha and beta testing, and were written released by the original team, they just haven't got the staff to officially support so the guideline is "use at your own risk".

As it happens I installed this latest release last week, but haven't even tried it yet :oops:
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them