WHAT SIZE TORX SCREW DOES PACEMAKER USE?

Can't work out where to post? Post here in the general section then!
fazz
Admin Fazz
Admin Fazz

WHAT SIZE TORX SCREW DOES PACEMAKER USE?

Post by fazz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:25 am

Hey guys,

I'll delete this topic as soon as someone answers. Either someone who has taken apart their PMD with a proper torxdriver or someone with a torxdriver set, can you please tell me what size/gauge it is? i need to buy a tool to take apart my own. Cheers.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: WHAT SIZE TORX SCREW DOES PACEMAKER USE?

Post by Sox » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:23 pm

I haven't got the answer, but if you get one don't delete the question as the answer may be useful for someone else.

Surely you can get a cheapo pack of multiple screwdrivers of different sizes on ebay, then try them all?
Sure I've seen someone else state it's the same size as used for iPhone.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

fazz
Admin Fazz
Admin Fazz

Post by fazz » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:53 am

its not a screwdriver, its a torxdriver I need. I've gotten my PMD open at the cost of stripping some of the thread and I want to be able to put it back together solidly. I wanted to order a cheap little torxdriver for a few dollars (free shipping) rather than a $15-20 dollar set of torxdrivers so that it would arrive close to the arrival of my SSD. Also I was only going to delete the thread because I was going to put the information for my SSD swap pictorial.

EDIT: Also, if anyone can measure the thread of the screws involved that would be awesome. I don't have tools small enough and at least 2 of my screws have fallen out somewhere along the line.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

fazz
Admin Fazz
Admin Fazz

Post by fazz » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 pm

ended up going with this set: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0486941221
I'l report back on the size necessary when it arrives

DrBrazil

Post by DrBrazil » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:54 am

Seems to be a Torx T6 (on my Model 666, 60-GB Pacer), as judged by the fit from my "Ifixit" electronics repair kit.

I haven't actually unscrewed the screws yet so I can't help you on that front, but Ifixit may be a website you look at for screw replacement...

S

fazz
Admin Fazz
Admin Fazz

Post by fazz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:54 am

DrBrazil wrote:Seems to be a Torx T6 (on my Model 666, 60-GB Pacer), as judged by the fit from my "Ifixit" electronics repair kit.

I haven't actually unscrewed the screws yet so I can't help you on that front, but Ifixit may be a website you look at for screw replacement...

S
Awesome! Thanks, I'm still waiting on my kit to arrive so I can add in pix to the SSD swap tutorial but thanks for the help!