Maximum useful number of tracks on the PMD

Can't work out where to post? Post here in the general section then!
cbm

Maximum useful number of tracks on the PMD

Post by cbm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Hello all

I had wanted a PMD for years but only recently got one (120 GB), having spent a few days playing I am really impressed with what the unit can do and have a had a lot of fun so far.

I wondered how many tracks people sync to the device and does the speed of accessing tracks on the device just slowly get longer the more tracks you sync or is there a "cliff" at which point it just takes too long ?

I tried to sync up my whole iTunes library (which it did happily) but then I found it was taking quite a few seconds to bring up the track list choice each time I went to select a song.

I removed all the tracks and then only synced a small subset and it was fine again.

Kind regards

CBM

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Maximum useful number of tracks on the PMD

Post by Sox » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am

Can't say I've noticed it, but then I've only used a fraction of my 120Gb. I don't want all my music on my PMD as I wouldn't play it all, don't want pre-mixed tracks from mix CDs, and there would be just too much to choose from & find.

I have a feeling later firmware versions may have improved the interface if not the load up speed, when there are loads of tracks. Certainly if you scroll through your music quick enough, it shows you letters of the alphabet as you are scrolling through tracks beginning with.....

Probably worth having latest firmware even if it doesn't help with the speed.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them