Sync will stop

Can't work out where to post? Post here in the general section then!
bwana

Sync will stop

Post by bwana » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Back in the last week of October my PMD began stuttering. The tracks were of a fine .flac quality made by my real CD collections or downloaded from a few respectable sites. I formatted the 120GB hard disk because there were two code errors in purple. I then installed the latest official firmware an loaded about 25 traks - all plyed fine. Last week I tried to load ("sync") 600 tracks and the hard disk crashed on the 200th track. The screen went: "DO YOU WANT TO RESTORE THIS HARD DISK?" and after a 5-minute waiting I tried to load more tracks but it crashed again. After 3 more tries I quit. My PMD now has 200 tracks and they play OK but I really lost my trust in it... Can you give me any advice on how to overcome this problem? Can someone change the HDD for me? (needles to say that I will give a written promise that I will not ask for any consolation, so he can feel free to experiment with it...). I 've ahd a wonderful time with my PMD for three-and-a-half years, played as a professional DJ nearly twice a week but I'm afraid this might be the end of my PMD as a basic DJ tool. :oops:

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Sync will stop

Post by Sox » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Not having had this problem I cant really advise. You might try adding tracks in smaller batches.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them