Differences between 60GB and 120GB

Can't work out where to post? Post here in the general section then!
musicinstinct

Differences between 60GB and 120GB

Post by musicinstinct » Thu May 09, 2013 9:51 am

I swapped my Mac hard drive for an SSD and it was like having a new computer. I was really pleased with the result, so I'm going to attempt to do this on my Pacemaker. But - I don't want to mess up so I'm trying to locate a backup Pacemaker first.

I have the 120GB Pacemaker. I found a 60GB Pacemaker device for sale. I'm thinking of getting one of those and putting the SSD inside, then keeping my main Pacemaker as the backup device.

Does anyone know if there are any other differences between the 60GB and 120GB devices?

If put a 120GB SSD in one of the 60GB models, or put a 120GB SSD in one of the 120GB models, would they essentially be the same thing?

They both support the same firmware versions?

If anyone knows of any differences between the devices, please post, however trivial. If anyone has both devices can they post if they notice any differences?

Thanks!

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Differences between 60GB and 120GB

Post by Sox » Thu May 09, 2013 8:04 pm

There are no specified differences between the two as far as I know other than the drive size. However I wouldn't be surprised if some components had changed. I also know the 60Gb did not come with a mains supply, but you already have one of these with your 120Gb model

Yes they can both take the same firmware.

We have had several reports of user's Pacemakers not being recognised by their PCs. So far we have only managed to confirm that people with this problem seem to have the 60Gb model. Doesn't mean there is a problem with the 60Gb necessarily, just that we haven't heard any 120Gb users reporting it. I have suspicions it may be related to the charging circuitry via USB (as they do not come with mains supply), but cannot confirm this. If you have a choice between both models, I personally would chance paying a little more for a 120Gb model

There was a 120Gb offered on here a few weeks back that went for about £40 on ebay. Shame you missed that.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them