Strange behaviour Effect x-fader

Got a problem with your Pacemaker?
Don't worry, post here and we might be able to help out!
Kays

Strange behaviour Effect x-fader

Post by Kays » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi,

yeah, i got now also one of these famous Pacemakers - second-hand via ebay. I've been waitin' for this moment for a long time, as I wasn't been able to afford the former asset costs.
On mine is pfw ver. 141412 (afaik latest stable). I'm asking you whether I'm the only one its opinion is, that the effect x-fader option has a strange behavior:

If effect x-fader is set to "filter" the master-crossfader has the nice feature blending in the other channel by adjusting the equalizers. But if there are applied any effects on a track, it doesn't take effect on the phone output. Though it's pretty useful in the club having anytime a clear sound on the phones it doesn't make sense if I'm traveling - so without master on monitor-boxes - and probably recording a mix and plugging then my earphones on the phone-jack.
The most strange thing is when i set 'Effect x-fader' to 'off' the Effects are applied also to the headphone-jack. grmph. I want both.

Am I really the only one who's annoyed about this? Is it known this issue? Ya, probably it is, I think. Why isn't there a seperate option whether effects are aplied to phone-outputs. Or is there any and I haven't found it yet. As I said I just got it now for some days.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Strange behaviour Effect x-fader

Post by Sox » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:58 am

Have never used effect x-fader but......

I assume it uses the mix fader control? The headphones have a setting affecting how cueing is done in the headphones. 0% charge on my PMD so can't check what it's called. In the mode I use it then use of the fader alone affects the deck 1/2 mix heard via line out. However with people-button pushed then use of the fader affects the deck 1/2 mix in the headphones for cueing and beatmatching.

Maybe the effects fader similarly needs and extra button/switch press to make it affect the headphones mix. Or maybe try changing the headphones/cueing mode.

Then again it may just not work like we would hope
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Kays

Post by Kays » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Sox wrote:Have never used effect x-fader but...... [.,.]
It's all Greek to me: What do you mean with mix-fader-control, and what does that all have to do with cueing?

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:00 pm

:shock:

There is a single horizontal slider on your device yeah? The default action for this is to control whether deck 1 or deck 2 or any mix of both is heard out of the lineout output (what your listeners hear). This is what I mean by mix fader.

However in the headphones mode of use that I use if I push the phone-switch up (I think) whilst adjusting the mix fader, it instead adjusts the same but for what comes out the headphones for me only, so this is what I use for cueing.

Example, deck 1 is playing, mix fader is all the way left, and people are getting down to my tunes. To prepare the next track I
- select deck 2
- load my next killer track
- press p-switch and move slider all way to right
- hit play. I am now listening to deck 2 while everyone else is still listening to deck 1
- find where on the new track I want to start off
- press p-switch and move fader left so I hear a mixture of both decks
- adjust deck 2 tempo until they are beat matched
- rewind deck 2 so is ready to play
- play deck 2 at appropriate time depending on deck 1 track
- use mix fader from left to right without p-button to mix deck 2 to into deck 1 for all to hear
- at some point fader will be all the way to right and all can only hear track on deck 2
- now get ready for next track on deck 1

So how have you been mixing?
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them