device not showing in pacemaker editor please help

Got a problem with your Pacemaker?
Don't worry, post here and we might be able to help out!
myser

device not showing in pacemaker editor please help

Post by myser » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:24 pm

i have just bought a 60gb pacemaker , it connected to pc fine and downloaded and installed editor software fine everything seems to do as it should apart from when pacemaker connected with editor it doesnt show up at the bottom as a device so i cannot transfer any tracks to it . the device is fully charged , i have tried different cables and different ports i have connected with the unit off and turned on during process and vice versa , i have installed on another pc with same problem . i am able to eject pacemaker in editor so it does see the device but just doesnt give me a device area to transfer track too at the bottom of the page as it should . the device shows all correct words when connected i.e do not disconnect ect . is it possibly the unit that is faulty or other ..

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: device not showing in pacemaker editor please help

Post by Sox » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:35 pm

This is common problem particularly with 60Gb models. Unfortunately there is no definitive solution, but some if the things that have helped others you seem to have tried.

From your post it does seem to all intents and purposes that it is working and recognised by your pc. Seems all you are missing is the device library appearing in the editor. Haven't seen posts before that match your problem exactly.

Are you on latest editor and either last official or the beta release?
Is device fully charged?
Have you been ablebto try a mains adapter?

If you get nowhere I'd be willing to have a go if you pay postage. I have definately have a working editor, and 2 x 120Gb units with official power supplies
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:26 pm

I wonder whether you have bought your unit second hand, and if so whether the previous owner formatted the drive to get rid of their stuff before selling it?
If you browse your Pacemaker in Windows Explorer (assuming you are not mac) what do you see (you might have to turn on viewing hidden folders and files).

If you haven't already tried it you might consider reformating your drive usingthe Pacemaker (ie. not a Windows format)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8

myser

Post by myser » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 am

many thanks for your help ,i updated my pacemaker editor and this seems to have resolved the problem . i have found an issue though when i sync two tracks when mixing and match bpm the 2 tracks seem to faze in and out of sync and i have to constantly speed up and slow down track to sync them again . is there a setting i need to use to rectify this , my friend told me i need to download the firmware update for proper beat matching . i have the latest official update but not the beta . what do i need please . thanks .

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:33 pm

The beat match grid is not 100% accurate and if used alone and you react to what it says then yes you may move them out of sync. Use the graph as a guideline but trust your ears. If you get them syncd then they should stay syncd even if the graph says they are not.

Use the thumbs up button to show yours thanks ;)

myser

Post by myser » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:19 am

cheers .. seem to be getting hang of things now .. i need to buy a charger , so as far as i am aware it it a 5v to 2a charger could you please tell me if it is a 3mm or 3.5mm power connector i need .. thanks

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:42 pm

i think the choice would be between 3.5mm and 2.5mm (not 3mm). Visually comparing to a headphone jack I would say 3.5mm.

I know you've only just bought yours, but have you considered this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3010
Bargain at the £30 it is currently going for, and would come with the official mains power supply. Additionally there have been no reports so far of connectivity problems with the 120Gb model.

I would bag that and sell your 60Gb (or have both so you've got a spare)