Error 0511, wont turn on. Any ideas?

Got a problem with your Pacemaker?
Don't worry, post here and we might be able to help out!
Oscady

Error 0511, wont turn on. Any ideas?

Post by Oscady » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:19 am

Hello.

I've had my pacemaker for almost 5 years I think now, so I've had a good run but naturally not wanting to go out and buy a new one for 200 odd quid without trying everything.

The other day I was enjoying one of the many late night bus mixes I've been treated to over the years and my PMD stopped. It crashed much like it has in the past and I thought the long press reset should do it. It was low on batt at the time. Now every time I turn it on it swishes around with the colours for a while and shows me the P then says "Error 0511 an unexpected error has occurred". It is also not recognised as a drive when I plug it into the PC though it does make the standard windows beep when I do

Apologies if this is a recurring thread but I looked through for a little while and didn't see anything with the same error code.

Any help appreciated. It's a shame I only found this website, and its new user inspired firmware, when I came across this sight searching for a fix after what I fear could be the end of my PMD

Cheers

Osc

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Error 0511, wont turn on. Any ideas?

Post by Sox » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:02 am

Sorry I don't know what that error code means.

If it were me I would ensure it is charged then attempt to get into the development menu (see out How To pages) to check hard disk and/reformat.

Failing that take apart and check hard disk connection or consider might be a faulty disk.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Oscady

Post by Oscady » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:08 am

Hello Sox

Apologies for my late reply, I did just what you said a little while after I'd written this post and for a while it worked. Couple of days ago I started getting cut off about 1 or 2 seconds into the swurly colours and it says check hd. I'm unable to get past this point on anything less than about 80 to 90 % battery.

I'm now resigned to fitting a new HD and I feel I should probably get a new battery in as well as it's a fair few years old now and wasn't holding juice like it used to.

I don't suppose I could trouble you or any other PMD owners on here for some advice on which to go for? I have seen some options online on other threads which I will go back to and try out if there are no other suggestions. My only concern was that they seem to be relatively untried. Though it seems that is the way when it comes to user involvement in these things.

Massive props for the work you're doing, I have a love affair with my Pacemaker that I never want to end and it's nice to see some people out there with a bit of skill in this area keeping the dream alive.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:41 pm

A quick search on Google shows you aren't the first to have this error code, but unfortunately these posts do not offer a definitive fix
https://getsatisfaction.com/pacemaker/t ... lease_help
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/PacemakerDev ... 4601190542

FYI the pacemakerdj forum mentioned in the first post is our previous home. That forum is now closed as of when we moved here. It is still there, but probably doesn't accept new registrations. I certainly don't monitor that one any more. http://pacemakerdj.46.forumer.com/index.php

That forum has many more posts in it than this one does. Before the move we had over 1000 members and more of a community, but unfortunately not everyone seems to have followed us over here to our new home. But that forum had a really crap search support and although I've just searched it for "0511" it tells me it found 2 results, and then doesn't show them to me. It's a shame that as we were previously using a free forum service, we had no option to export our forum to re-import over here.

If you would like to trawl through the threads in that forum but can't get in, then let me know and I'll either temporarily re-open registrations, or just make the whole forum viewable by guests.

As I have not replace either my hard driver or my battery, I cannot specify suitable alternatives to buy and fit. If I was to do it I would probably fit an SSD instead of a hard driver, and would re-read all the information in the relevant threads in this forum, and on CubicGarden's website. In fact his excellent post here even provides links to the SSD and the replacement battery he bought.

Oscady

Post by Oscady » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:15 pm

I had found someone asking a question on the 0511 code but no answers. In any case I am no longer getting that code any more it has moved onto "there is a problem with the FS" or something similar. I'm fairly certain there are no fixes other than a hard drive replacement so that's what I'm going for.

I have indeed searched through the pics and guides on here and it looks like I should be able to follow the advice on replacement and what to replace with quite easily. I'll order the parts this week and of course, post the outcome.

It is a shame the pacemaker community has dwindled somewhat but on most forums it seemed to mostly be about having a go at Tonium. In truth though I never checked anything unless I had a problem with my device.

Thanks for the info and hopefully I'll be posting in a week or so with a successful fix

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Oscady wrote:In truth though I never checked anything unless I had a problem with my device
Yes and that seems to apply to most visitors here, and hence we have no community as such.
If anyone would like to get involved to try to build up a Pacemaker community again, post your suggestions on the forum (not this thread), or PM me.
Although I would love there to be more of a community, I don't have the time for this
Oscady wrote:.....and hopefully I'll be posting in a week or so with a successful fix
Hmmm, fingers crossed but I wouldn't hold your breath