How Can I Manually Install Firmware?

Please look here to see if your question has been asked before
Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

How Can I Manually Install Firmware?

Post by Sox » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:10 pm

All that is required to manually install firmware is to copy the image into the .pacemaker folder on the PMD, then to reboot the device by ejecting it from your PC. This technique can be used to upgrade or downgrade firmware, though be warned that a music database on a newer version of firmware may be incompatible with an older verison of firmware, so a downgrade might mean you have perform a factory reset of your Pacemaker and put all your music back onto it again!

NOTE: This will mean you would lose any mixes save on your device which have not yet been copied to the editor!

The original steps to install where:
1. Download the (.pfw) firmware file
2. Rename the firmware file from *.pfw to *.zip
3. Unzip the image to a folder on your PC
4. Connect your PMD to your PC and start the editor
5. Copy your image file onto the pacemaker into the .pacemaker folder, which is in the root of the pacemaker hard drive
6. When the file is copied eject the pacemaker using the editor and wait for the update to finish.

Credits go to DoogyRev for finding out this method of manually installing firmware.

However I think more accurate steps are simply:
1. Download the (.pfw) firmware file
2. Connect your PMD to your PC and turn on the PMD (expect the "do not disconnect" message)
3. Copy your image file onto the pacemaker into the .pacemaker folder (hidden folder in the root of the pacemaker hard drive)
4. When the file is copied eject the pacemaker using Window Explorer, and wait for the update to finish.

Of you could just use the Pacemaker Updater to do this for you.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

p.2

Re: How Can I Manually Install Firmware?

Post by p.2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:27 pm

1ox you r doing a gr8 work :)